Senior Fellow, The Peterson Institute for International Economics
and on leave from University of Michigan as Professor of Economics (College of Literature, Science and the Arts) and Professor of Public Policy (Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy)
- Visiting Professor of Economics, The University of Sydney
- Research Associate, NBER
- Research Affiliate, CEPR
- Research Fellow, IZA
- Fellow, Stanford Center for the Study of Poverty and Inequality
- International research fellow, Kiel Institute for the World Economy
- Fellow, CESifo Research Network
- Research Fellow, National Centre for Econometric Research
- Research Associate, Center for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis (ANU)
- Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution
- Editor, Brookings Papers on Economic Activity
- Senior Scientist, Gallup
Office 412, PIIE 1750 Massachusetts Avenue NWWashington, DC 20036
Room 319 Lorch Hall 611 Tappan St Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Room 5223 Weill Hall 735 S. State St Ann Arbor, MI 48109-3019
Labor, Macro, Economics of the family, Social policy, Law & economics, Political economy, Behavioral economics.
- Testimony: Hearing on "Job Creation and a Healthy Economy"
- Profile: Named by the IMF as one of the "25 economists under 45 shaping the way we think about the global economy."
- Profile: A very flattering profile in the Australian Financial Review
- Research paper: Subjective Well-Being and income: Is there any evidence of satiation?
- Research paper: Subjective and Objective Indicators of Racial Progress
- Research paper: Forecasting Elections: Voter Intentions versus Expectations